Alternative Raw Materials with Low Impact
The ARLI project - funded support to transform Innovation into Enterprise.
What is the Alternative Raw Materials with Low Impact (ARLI) project?
This is an exciting ERDF (European Regional Development Fund) project that has been designed to offer funded advice and technical support to SME companies within the Greater Birmingham and Solihull Local Enterprise Partnership (GBSLEP) area.
For larger non-SME organisations this is a chance to engage your supply chain in the area with our cutting edge research.
Through a collaborative R&D approach the ARLI team of experienced academics and engineers here at the University of Birmingham can support businesses to develop products and processes that provide efficiency gains in the use of raw or waste materials and deliver improved environmental impact with cost effective solutions.
The opportunities for businesses are, but not limited to:
• Reducing raw material use
• Material substitution & waste reduction
• Reuse of waste streams
• Design for disassembly
• Sustainability in the supply chain
• Geotechnical engineering including buried infrastructure
• Smart Infrastructure
• Infrastructure monitoring and assessment
• Erosion detection and monitoring
• Addressing acute raw material deficiencies which are crippling industrial supply chains.
• Generation of new materials from waste - spurring growth through the commercialisation of novel products
• Aid efficiency and improve environmental impact, with cost-effective solutions realised through reduced carbon emissions
• Better infrastructure asset management
• Preventative maintenance
Support on offer to business is upwards of two days funded activity which can be anything from Material Testing, Product development, Process engineering, Lab work, Modelling and Simulation, Consultancy and innovation support.
For further details about ARLI and to explore how the project can support you please contact the ARLI business engagement team: ARLI@contacts.bham.ac.uk or call 07970 397600
Stand Number: 4K122